Helping Georgia’s Kids Living with Diabetes
Mission: The mission of DAWGS FOR DIABETES is to provide information to the community about Diabetes and support for those living with and affected by Diabetes. Dawgs for Diabetes will establish a climate of enthusiasm, openness, and fellowship of support.
Dawgs for Diabetes, D4D is a Student run organization at the University of Georgia.
A chapter of the College Diabetes Network.
Our organization has three main goals:
- Educate and Raise Awareness in the Athens, Georgia community and beyond about Diabetes.
- Participate in the Athens community and the Diabetes community.
- Raise money for JDRF, Turn Type 1 into Type None, and Camp Kudzu, GA’s Camp for kids with Diabetes.
We are also a JDRF Support Group-
- For those living with Diabetes or impacted by Diabetes
- Various events, meet after general body meeting
- Provide support and community throughout the year.
You do not have to have Diabetes or know anything about Diabetes to be involved in our organization. UGA students and faculty along with members of the community can become involved in the organization.
If you have any questions or would like to know more information, please feel free to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Riley Jenkins, President
Meagan Richardson, Vice President
Bethany Toney, VP of Social Media
Makenzie Kitchens, VP of Internal Affairs
Jacob Hewgley, VP of Events
Max Wieder, VP of Service
Will Dufour, VP of Outreach/Morale
Mark Feehan, VP of Mentoring